Jane Hawksley is an independent midwife and lactation consultant. Jane qualified as a midwife in 1986 and has worked in NHS hospitals and community settings for many years.
For her, it was a privilege to be able to support and learn from mothers. Jane's own experience of breastfeeding has added to her belief that mothers and families benefit from excellent and up to date knowledge and support at this special time.
She trained as a breastfeeding counsellor with the Association of Breastfeeding Mothers and has been involved in setting up and running support groups for mothers, doing peer support training, running antenatal workshops for pregnant couples.
Jane has completed the UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative course and has helped in evidence based training for staff.
Volunteering on the National Breastfeeding Helpline has ensured Jane keeps up to date with attending regular conferences. She is a member of the following breastfeeding organisations:
- Lactation Consultants of Great Britain
- The Royal College of Midwives
- International Lactation Consultant Association
- The Association of Breastfeeding Mothers
- The Breastfeeding Network
- The National Childbirth Association
- The Association of Radical Midwives